Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Budgeting

Today in class we discussed about the benefits and drawbacks of having a two parent household.
I know there a lot of studies that show why it is important to have a mother in the home. I strongly believe that will be beneficial in a family setting. However, I do understand and realize that, that does not always seem achievable. 

In fact, I come from a family where once both children were in school my parents both had jobs. I honestly do not feel that I was at a disadvantage at all. I am thankful to have had a mother who took care of me and my sister when we were young. I am thankful that I also had a mother who worked as well. I am thankful for my father’s willingness to serve this beautiful country. That being said, I think your decision of who is going to work and who is not, or when you will work or take time off is strictly between you, your spouse, and the Lord. 

I would take this time to advise you though that no matter what you do whether both people are in the work force or one individual is working you find a way to budget two things. 

1. Budget your money,
Make sure that you have an account of where your money is going. Make sure you are aware of your spending habits. In doing so find a way to set aside money for certain things every month. Along with that I would advise you to do what you can to start some type of savings account.

2. Budget your time,
Working can take a toll on the family, time away from the family even for beneficial things such and work or learning at school can become detrimental to the family unit. Make sure that you are still taking time to develop those family roles. Also the cultivate those relationships as a unit and as sub-units.

In order to get by in this world, we must have a job. However, do not forget that in order to enter the celestial kingdom we must be sealed. What a shame it would be if we spent our whole lives working and did not take the time to cultivate loving, lasting relationships. God loves you. I love you!
Pray Always xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment