Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Faith, Prayer, Repentance and Forgiveness within the Family

I personally know that the church and growing up with religion has impacted my family life immensely. I also have many friends and even family members of different faiths who have shared with me stories of how their faith, prayers or even learning how to repent or forgive with the help from God has helped strengthen their family units and personal testimonies.

I am going to speak in regards to my own faith because I do not have enough knowledge in regards to other religions.

In the church the family is everything, having The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in my family has allowed me to have stronger relationships with my individual family members as well as with my Heavenly Father.

If I did not have the church in my life I do not know if I would even truly understand how prayer effects family life. Along with that I have a deeper understanding on the atonement which helped me to ask for forgiveness and also helps me to forgive my loved ones.

The family that prays together stays together.Prayer helps the family gather together. You eat dinner together to be able to discuss your days and figure out ways to help one another. You have family prayer to discuss your day with the Lord and ask him the same help and guidance you would ask your loved ones for. Praying as a family also allows your to think outside of yourself. You are not only going to pray for yourself in a family prayer, rather you will think of those around you as well. This also helps the spirit to come into our home more fully.

Forgiveness with in the family is very important as well. Understanding the Lord's forgiveness towards his children has helped me to more fully understand and internalize repentance and forgiveness.  Once we realize that we are all imperfect and make mistakes it makes it easier to forgive and be forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment